Most often, students find a reading list via their Moodle course, where they simply click on the reading list they need from the Library Resources block. This block contains a link called ‘Reading list for…’ which links to the reading list with the same course code.
How do you set this up for them? First request a reading list to be set up using the online form. In Moodle, turn on the Library Resources block and it will automatically link to the reading list with the same course code.
Students can also access their reading list by searching:
- ReadingLists@UCL using course code or title, or even the academic’s name if this has been added
- the library catalogue Explore
Once students have found their online reading lists they can view them in different ways.
- Use the ‘View bibliography’ button to produce a list of all the readings in alphabetical order, which can be printed (click ‘Export’ then ‘Export to PDF’)…
- … use one of the drop-down boxes to select different citation styles. If a key citation style is missing, use the green ‘Feedback’ button to request another.
- The reading list can be printed out in its existing layout (sign in, select ‘Export’ and then ‘Export to PDF’)
- either of the above options can also be emailed to oneself, to save a copy.
- The ‘Export’ button enables exporting references in different formats: we will cover this in another post, and on our webpage guides.
If you have questions about any of this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!