Each summer the reading lists have a new copy made for the new academic year, much like the Moodle snapshot. This year the rollover is scheduled for the evening of Monday 13th July 2020. From about 5pm that day:
- Reading lists for 2019-20 will have an exact copy made for 2020-21, which will publish immediately
- The old version (2019-20) will archive, which means it will disappear from public view but can be found and re-used in future years if needed
- Students will have continuous access to their reading lists: there is no down time for viewing lists
- Editing rights remain constant, so list editors are able to edit the new lists as soon as they appear
- Lists already set up as 2020-2021 will be unaffected by the rollover
- Unpublished changes will not copy forward into the new list: please publish your lists before 5pm 13th July if you wish your updates to be carried forward.
- We suggest you stop editing reading lists before 5pm on 13th July, and continue editing when you can see it has the 2020-21 date stamp – certainly from the next morning Tuesday 14th July, if not sooner.
- The Moodle ‘Library resources’ block needs no maintenance and will continue to link to the most recent year’s list. The optional integration ‘Reading list items’ requires checking and possibly some re-linking of resources, particularly after the reading list has been updated for the new year.
- To have old courses archived, new lists set up, or current module names amended, email us your requests!
- A note on Late Summer Assessments for academic year 2019-20.
Do you need a refresher on how to edit and manage your lists? The ReadingLists@UCL webpages have online quick guides including short videos, and FAQs. Though working remotely, the TLS team still offer 1:1 set up and refresher training through Teams. Get in touch and you could walk away with a new list set up and ready to go, have guidance on how to link to non-standard resources, or find out how to embed reading lists in Moodle.