The online reading lists have now rolled forward, creating copies of all lists ready for the 2016-17 session. The reading lists for 2015-16 have been archived.
You are able to continue editing as usual. In fact, this is the perfect time to update your list: students look at their readings over the summer and it is very easy to add a section of ‘Summer reading / research’. Even if you haven’t finalised changes to some readings, you can still set up the structure and edit dates and notes. Though students are very positive about their reading lists, one complaint has been over currency; the last year’s dates were still on display making the student doubt the currency of the readings too.
Do you feel too busy to get re-acquainted with how to update your list? Come along to our office and we can sit with you to help you log back in and make a few basic changes; or ask us for a quick refresher to get started again. We set aside Wednesday afternoons 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm for anyone to drop-in, or we are happy to visit you at your desk.
Please drop us an email if you would like to:
- re-use a previous version of your reading list (for example, for those modules that run every other year)
- Archive a reading list if it is not being run in 2016-17
- Change a module title / name on an existing reading list
- Set up a new reading list
One final thing. Your ‘My Lists’ page will still display the 2015-16 lists. From the ‘My Lists’ page:
- To remove older lists, check the boxes left of the list title; at the top of the page click ‘Action’ -> ‘Remove’
- To add in new lists, navigate to the 2016-17 list and click the button ‘Add to my lists’ (top right hand side).
- All reading lists are at the same module URL each year (e.g. http://readinglists.ucl.ac.uk/modules/publg084.html ), this does not change. The link from Moodle to the reading list (via the ‘Library Resources’ block) is also stable and will link to the same place.