Each summer the reading lists have a new copy made for the new academic year, much like the Moodle snapshot. This year, we will rollover on the evening of Thursday 13th July 2023 from about 5pm.
Reading lists for 2022-23 will have an exact copy made for 2023-24, which will publish immediately.
- The old version (2022-23) will archive, which means it will disappear from public view but can be found and re-used in future years if needed.
- Students will still have continuous access to their reading lists: there is no down time for viewing lists.
- Editing rights remain constant, so list editors are able to edit the new lists as soon as they appear.
- Lists already set up as 2023-2024 will be unaffected by the rollover.
- Unpublished changes will not copy forward into the new list: please publish your lists before 5pm 13th July if you wish your updates to be carried forward, or we can do this for you. Just email us, details are below.
- We suggest you stop editing reading lists before 5pm on 13th July, and continue editing when you can see it has the 2023-24 date stamp – certainly from the next morning Friday 14th July 2023, if not sooner.
- The Moodle ‘Library resources’ block needs no maintenance and will continue to link to the most recent year’s list. The optional integration ‘Reading list items’ requires checking and possibly some re-linking of resources, particularly after the reading list has been updated for the new year.
- To have old courses archived, new lists set up, or current module names amended, email us your requests!
- If you are aware of students who may need access to the 2022-23 version of their lists, please see advice here on Accessing your old Reading List .
Do you need a refresher on how to edit and manage your lists? The ReadingLists@UCL webpages and Libguides have online quick guides including short videos, and FAQs. The TLS team offer refresher training via Teams or face-to-face. Get in touch and you could walk away with a new list set up and ready to go, linked via the Library Resources block in Moodle !
Would you like a review of your reading list ? If yes, then “Request Review” after you have finished adding all your items to your list, and TLS will give your list a health check.