By Hazel M Ingrey, on 26 June 2018
In TLS we are preparing for the annual ‘rollover’ of ReadingLists@UCL. This is our final task of the academic year: the CLA report of UCL’s digitised readings was sent in June, the majority of teaching has finished, and the exam period too is largely over.
Each summer the reading lists have a new copy made for the September term, much like the Moodle snapshot. This year the rollover is scheduled for the evening of Tuesday 17th July 2018. From about 5pm that day:
- Reading lists for 2017-18 will have an exact copy made for 2018-19, which will publish immediately
- The old version (2017-18) will archive, which means it will disappear from public view but can be found and re-used in future years if needed
- Students will have continuous access to their reading lists: there is no down time for viewing lists
- Editing rights remain constant, so list editors are able to edit the new lists as soon as they appear
- Lists already set up as 2018-19 will be unaffected by the rollover
- Unpublished changes will not copy forward into the new list: please publish your lists before 17th July if you wish your updates to be carried forward.
- We suggest you stop editing reading lists before 5pm on 17th July, and continue editing when you can see it has the 2018-19 date stamp – certainly from the morning of 18th July, if not sooner.
- TLS are aware of the new module codes being introduced and will begin updating the reading list module codes from around 19th July. More details in our blog post on this.
- To have old courses archived, new lists set up, or current module names amended, please email us your requests!
Do you need a refresher on how to edit and manage your lists? Drop in to our office in Senate House on Wednesday afternoons, 2.30 – 4.30pm for a quick session. You could walk away with a new list set up and ready to go, get guidance on how to link to non-standard resources, or find out how to embed reading lists in Moodle.
The ReadingLists@UCL webpages also have guides, FAQs and contact details.