By Natasa Perovic, on 28 March 2018
We had our first ABC conference!
Our ABC Learning Design Mini Conference was held at UCL Knowledge Lab on the 9th March 2018. The event was sponsored by the HEFCE Catalyst programme.
Morning session included:
- Brief overview of conversational framework and learning types by Professor Diana Laurillard
- Full ABC workshop for people who have not participated in the workshop before
The Afternoon session was tailored for people who were more familiar with ABC and interested in institutional implementation of the method.
The session included
- Talk by Diana Laurillard about Learning design and institutional change
Followed by ABC LD, Perspectives from other universities by
- John Kerr, University of Glasgow
- Adam Bailey and Nina Brooke, University of Reading
- Rosie Greenslade and Lynne Burroughs, Canterbury Christ Church University
- Suzanne Collins and Suzi Wells, University of Bristol. Very grateful for their blog posts about the conference, too (talk reflections by Suzi and Suzanne)
We also formally launched the ABC UK community.
Big thank you to all the speakers!
Thank you to Dewi Parry for his reflection on the conference!
Thank you to all participants for the great day and lovely tweets!