Archive for October, 2010
Our next team meeting for the CPD4HE project is to be held on Wednesday 20 October 2010 at 10.00 am in G32, 1-19 Torrington Place.
Here are proposed items for the agenda:
- General project update and information exchange
- Discussions of draft project plan
- Discussions of workpackages especially workpackage 2 and 3
- Project website and blog demo
Any ideas and suggestions for the agenda are welcome.
- Wednesday 20 October 2010 – 10.00am -11.00am
- Thursday 18 November 2010 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 15 December 2010 – 2.00pm – 3.00pm
- Thursday 13 January 2011 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 10 February 2011 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 17 March 2011 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 14 April 2011 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 19 May 2011 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 16 June 2011 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 14 July 2011 – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
We are looking forward to working with the “critical friend” allocated to CPD4HE. She is Sandra Griffiths, from the Centre for Educational Development, Queen’s University Belfast.
Through discussions with Rosalind Duhs and Holly Smith we have a draft set of broad topic headings for the ten “resource units” we plan to release. They are:
1. Designing & planning a teaching session
2. Assessment and feedback to students
3. Academic literacies
4. Learning, Teaching and Technologies
5. Relationships between teaching and research
7. Values in Higher Education
8. Internationalising HE
9. Skills in Higher Education
10. Designing the curriculum
The first two units to be released will be Designing & Planning a Teaching Session and Assessment and Feedback to Students.
We have come up with the idea of having a UCL top level web page about OER – a space that will show internal and external visitors a snapshot of OER activity in the institution. it might also be a focus as we develop our institutional position on OER.
It’s been agreed that oer@ucl can be linked from the main UCL Teaching and Learning web pages.
Please contribute URLs for OER projects and related activity plus suggestions about other content. We hope to make this web page live within a couple of weeks.
It was great to find out about other Phase 2 projects, learn more about Phase 1 outcomes and the support available to us through the programme.
The OER IPR team, Web2Rights offers advice and has created resources to help deal with IPR and licensing issues – eg an interactive Licensing Decision Tool and Copyright Tool. JISCLegal is also there to help. A review of Creative Commons licensing options was very helpful, and the presentation on technical considerations was reassuring as well as interesting.
Finally, I was very pleased to make contact with other project representatives, especially with Jane Secker, project manager of DELILA. We agreed to stay in touch and to work together on issues of common interest. Another useful contact was Richard Atfield, whose project Open for Business is developing a grid to help map resources to the UK PSF.
At our first project meeting we agreed to change the project name (the working title for the proposal was OpenPSF). We are now CPD4HE, with the subtitle, Open Resources on HE Teaching & Learning. We are working on our draft project plan and looking forward to the first Programme Meeting.
Welcome to the new CPD4HE project blog. We hope to use this space to share the project information and discuss any issues relevant to the development and use of Open Educational Resource (OER).