By Jonathan Cooper, on 24 July 2021
In 2019 the Research Software Development Group launched an exciting new collaboration with the Centre for Medical Imaging Computing (CMIC) to develop services for and support researchers across the institution who are working with medical research data sets, particularly imaging data. This sub-group, branded as the UCL Medical Imaging Research Software Group, has been so successful that we are now looking for new staff to expand our activities: collaborating on more research projects, and extending support to new areas such as pathology data and more general microscopy.
- You have created and maintained software addressing complex problems in one or more fields.
- You can build an understanding of new scientific questions, and connect research needs to IT requirements.
- You are committed to software development best practices, and know how to apply these in research contexts.
- You share our enthusiasm for reproducible, reliable computational research, and are able to help to spread that to our research community.
- You are keen to expand your knowledge.
There are good opportunities for personal development and career progression within the group, in both technical and managerial tracks. The role includes time to study the research areas with which we work, and the specialist technologies applied in digital research. Funding for training and conference travel is also readily available.
For more details check out the formal advert and job specification. The closing date is 22nd August 2021, with (online) interviews in early September (exact dates TBC). This position is permanent (on an open-ended contract), with salary negotiable up to £47,256.