By Sarah Gilmore, on 13 June 2023
Gale are recruiting for a student ambassador at UCL to undertake awareness-building activities, so that more students can find out about, understand and use their digital archives and other library resources such as eBooks.
Gale’s primary sources include full archives of newspapers like The Times, The Telegraph, the Daily Mail and The Economist, as well as period and topical archives like Eighteenth Century Collections Online and Archives of Sexuality and Gender.
About the role:
The role lasts for the 2023-24 academic year and requires set activities for which Gale Ambassadors are paid £700. Plus, the role is great for your CV…
- Business experience – work directly with a global publisher.
- Run your own marketing activities – refine ‘marketing copy’ and images to make successful use of social media.
- Public speaking – run presentations and training sessions with your fellow students, obtaining valuable public speaking skills.
- Have your work published on a company blog – great, shareable evidence of your work.
- Network – connect with staff and students at the university, other students internationally, and numerous colleagues at Gale.
- Improve your own research skills and discover primary sources for your own essays – potentially improving your grades!
Students from all year groups can apply. The deadline is 1 July 2023.
For more information on what the role might involve, read A student’s perspective of using Gale written by Rob Youngs Do Patrocinio, a former Gale Student Ambassador.
Go to the Gale website for more information on the role and how to apply.