Electronic Resources Blog

News and information about ejournals, databases and ebooks at UCL

Trial access to Statista

By Sarah Gilmore, on 18 September 2019

UCL has trial access to Statista until 13th December 2019.

Statista is an online portal for statistics, which makes data collected by market and opinion research institutes and data derived from the economic sector and official statistics available in English, French, German and Spanish. Statista consolidates statistical data on over 80,000 topics from more than 22,500 sources

Please send feedback on this resource to your subject librarian.

20 Responses to “Trial access to Statista”

• 1
    sudaxshina Murdan wrote on 25 September 2019:

I love Statista. it is very helpful to put figures/numbers in our lectures, research presentations, papers and grant applications.

Please keep subscribing

• 2
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 26 September 2019:

Many thanks for your feedback Sudaxshina. I have informed your Subject Librarian of the interest in this resource. Best wishes.

• 3
    Jack Davenport wrote on 29 September 2019:

Very useful tool for supplementing my taught lecture material.

• 4
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 1 October 2019:

Many thanks for your feedback Jack. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Best wishes.

• 5
    Andrey Guenov wrote on 1 November 2019:

What a fantastically useful resource. I sincerely hope the Statista subscription is renewed and made a permanent part of the UCL electronic resources for students and staff.

• 6
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 4 November 2019:

Many thanks for your feedback Andrey. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Best wishes.

• 7
    Angelina Daneva wrote on 8 November 2019:

Great resource, that is otherwise too expensive for the average student. Would love to have access to it during summer for my Postgraduate Dissertation research in MSc Entrepreneurship.

• 8
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 14 November 2019:

Many thanks for your feedback Angelina. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Best wishes.

• 9
    henry li wrote on 21 November 2019:

Thank you for making this essential resource to the UCL community. The reseacher community will benefit hugely from continual subscription of Statista. It would be agonising to lose this resource.

• 10
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 21 November 2019:

Hello Henry, many thanks for your feedback. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Best wishes.

• 11
    Han Wu wrote on 26 November 2019:

It is a really helpful and powerful resource. hope we could have access after the trial.

• 12
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 10 January 2020:

Hello Han, many thanks for your feedback. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Best wishes.

• 13
    Eddie Dukes wrote on 30 November 2019:

Awesome tool, great for gauging the size of markets and opportunities in business. Would love to extend the trial.

• 14
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 10 January 2020:

Hello Eddie, many thanks for your feedback. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Best wishes.

• 15
    Mia Dibe wrote on 20 December 2019:

I just found out that the trial access ends on December 13th but I found some datasets relevants to my projects. When would I be able to access again? Thanks

• 16
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 10 January 2020:

Hello Mia, many thanks for your feedback. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Currently this resource is on our wishlist and we are gathering an academic case for possible purchase if funding becomes available. Best wishes.

• 17
    Andrey Guenov wrote on 14 January 2020:

Would like to once again reiterate the usefulness of this resource and our collective hopes that it is renewed for 2020. It is indispensable for writing quality, well-referenced courseworks.

• 18
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 24 January 2020:

Hello Andrey, many thanks for your feedback. I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource. Currently this resource is on our wishlist and we are gathering an academic case for possible purchase if funding becomes available. Best wishes.

• 19
    Chandni Hindocha wrote on 10 March 2020:

Hello, I’m in the department of clinical educational and health psychology and i would additionally like to support the use of Statistica.

• 20
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 1 July 2020:

Dear Chandni, UCL has full access to Statista. Please access via the UCL databases list: https://library-guides.ucl.ac.uk/az.php?q=statista . Best wishes