FBS Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Blog

Welcome our New Faculty Equity Leads Sam & Elise

By b.isibor, on 3 May 2023

The Faculty of Brain Sciences is delighted to announce the appointment of our new Gender Equity Lead, Sam Gilbert, and our new Disability Equity Lead, Elise Crayton.

To provide you with an idea of who will be representing the interests of gender and disability equity at the Faculty level, we asked Sam and Elise to briefly introduce themselves and tell us what they are looking forward to in their respective roles.

Professor Sam Gilbert

I am a Professor at the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, currently working on the relationship between human memory and technology. I’ve been at UCL since coming here over 20 years ago as a PhD student, and a member of my divisional Career Development Equality and Diversity committee since 2016. In that time I’ve seen increasing work towards Gender Equity at UCL but clearly there is still a long way to go.
I am excited to work across the diverse institutes and departments in the Faculty to help co-ordinate actions, share best practice, and develop new initiatives.

Dr Elise Crayton

I am a Research Fellow at the Centre for Behaviour Change and the Faculty Disability Equity Lead. In my role as the Faculty Disability Equity Lead, I want to understand staff and student views on what the barriers and enablers are to disability equity and start to generate and implement recommendations for inclusive change. I am also looking forward to continuing the positive work carried out by those in post before me. I am here to help, so encourage you all to get in touch with any disability equity matters.
If you want to work with either Sam or Elise or have any queries for them, contact fbs.edi@ucl.ac.uk.