Archive for the 'Uncategorized' Category
By Volkan L Akgunlu, on 28 April 2014
The Institute of Archaeology Library will be opening between 11.00 and 6.00 p.m. on the Bank Holiday Monday next week, 5th May.
Most of the major UCL libraries will be opening on reduced hours on the Bank Holiday Monday, but please be aware that some outlying libraries are closed and opening hours are not the same across all libraries. For details of sites and opening hours, please see our web pages:
By Volkan L Akgunlu, on 18 March 2013
- Standard loans will be issued for 8 weeks as usual, subject to recall
- One week loans books borrowed between Wednesday 20th March and Wednesday 27th March will be due back on Wednesday 3rd April
- Two Day loans books borrowed from Monday 25th March anytime will be due back on Wednesday 3rd April before 10.00 a.m., otherwise issued for two day loan period only
- Overnight loans books borrowed from Monday 25th March any time will be due back on Wednesday 3rd April before 10.00 a.m., otherwise issued overnight only
- Short loan books and teaching collections borrowed from 1.00 p.m. on Monday 25th March will be due back on Wednesday 3rd April before 10.00 a.m., otherwise issued for 3 hours/overnight only, Fines on overdue books 50p per hour
NB: Short loans cannot be renewed by telephone
Users are reminded that
- Standard and week loan books remain subject to recall throughout the vacation period, even if you are currently outside London
- Courtesy reminders are sent to all UCL Library Services’ users by email, but you should also check your library record yourself on a regular basis
- UCL Library books may not be taken for study outside the UK
- If you are planning to be on fieldwork, please make arrangements with friends or family to renew your library books for you
By Volkan L Akgunlu, on 8 February 2013
By Volkan L Akgunlu, on 6 February 2013
By Paul T Graham, on 4 May 2011
While the UCL Main and Science Libraries go 24 hour, the Institute of Archaeology Library will be operating its own extended opening hours during the exam period, from Tuesday 3rd May to Friday 10th June. The new hours are:
Monday to Friday: 9.30 am to 9.00 pm
Saturday: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
By Paul T Graham, on 13 January 2011
The entire accessions list for Library Services can be seen here.
By Paul T Graham, on 10 December 2010
Please not that all loan arrangements over Christmas are standard across UCL Library Services, however opening hours for different sites may vary. For details of our Christmas opening hours please go to the following web page:
Loan arrangements are as follows:
- Standard loans: Issued for 8 weeks as usual.
- One week loans: All items borrowed from Friday 17th December will be due back on Monday 10th January.
- Overnight loans: All items borrowed from Monday 20th December (anytime) will be due back on Tuesday 4th January before 10.00 a.m.
- Short loans: All items borrowed from Thursday 23rd December (after 1.00 p.m.) will be due back on Tuesday 4th January before 10.00 a.m. **These cannot be renewed by telephone**
By Paul T Graham, on 15 October 2010
The Institute of Archaeology Library has three new computers located in its main reading room. All three have Myriad connections and can be accessed using your UCL username and password, and they are all connected to the printer in the cluster room opposite the library.
By Jes Cooban, on 29 September 2010
The Institute of Archaeology Library will be opening late, at 10.00 a.m., this Friday 1st October because of our monthly library staff meeting. The book bin will be left open for the return of library materials and the 5th floor cluster will be open from 8.30 a.m. as usual.
The library will be open in good time for the 10.00 a.m. library tour.
By Jes Cooban, on 25 August 2010
The accession list for July 2010 is now available here