By Alison Fox, on 10 October 2016
The UCL Open Access Team and UCL Press would like to invite all UCL staff to a drop-in session to find out more about open access options and support available at UCL.
Find out more and register your interest at uclopenaccess2016.eventbrite.co.uk
15:00-16.45 Drop-in Session
Drop in to meet the Open Access Team and UCL Press to learn more about the HEFCE mandate for REF2020 and publishing with UCL Press, the UK’s first fully open access university press.
Staff from UCL Open Access and UCL Press will be on hand to show you:
- How to upload your paper to RPS for REF open access
- The process of applying to have gold APCs paid for by the UCL OA funding
- How to promote your book/journal via social media
- The submissions process to publish a book with UCL Press
- Display of UCL Press books published so far
Presentation for the 10 millionth download from UCL Discovery to Professor Daniel Miller (UCL Anthropology).
17:00-18.30 Speakers and book launch / drinks reception
- Andrew Morris, Honorary Fellow at UCL IOE, and author of Why Icebergs Float: Explaining Science in Everyday Life.
- Nicholas Gold, Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Science
Find out more about the impact of open access publishing on the careers of guest speakers, and about UCL’s leadership in the open access arena.
Join UCL Press for the launch of Why Icebergs Float: Explaining Science in Everyday Life, a brand new open access book that explains how science can solve life’s mysteries.