Sustainability Fortnight: What you can expect
By UCL Careers, on 8 February 2019
Sustainability is a big deal. It’s one of the most pressing challenges we face today and many of us want to get involved through impactful careers.
The UCL Careers Sustainability Fortnight is designed to give you insights into the roles, rewards and routes into this rapidly developing sector. Here can you develop you understanding of the business issues and global challenges of the sustainability sector, preparing you for career in the field.
Interested in tackling sustainability in NGOs, businesses and governments?
Employers look for graduates who can:
- Analyse real-world situations critically
- Understand international issues in a global world
- Demonstrate ethical leadership
- Work within different social contexts
- Engage with a diverse range of people
- Use resources and budgets wisely
If you have the skills needed to tackle global challenges, you will be well placed to find employment across the sector. Employers are looking for sustainability conscious employees across the entire organisation – not just in ‘sustainability’ roles. Whether that’s understanding climate risks in an investment portfolio or Modern Day Slavery issues within recruitment roles.
- Panel talks and lectures from sustainability experts and professionals
- Q&A sessions so you can have your questions answered
- Bike sale and maintenance events
- UCL Sustainability tours
- Hot-topic discussions
- Business forums
What you will learn:
- How do organisations define sustainability
- Inform yourself with the chance to challenge business representatives at panel and networking events
- What Corporate Social Responsibility really means
- How to be an Environmental Auditor
- What skills you need to be competitive in the sustainability job market
- The future trends for the energy or construction markets
- How different sectors are moving towards a sustainable future
Sustainability is a realistic, interesting and prosperous career path with has many routes in. With a broad range of roles available, there will be something to suit anyone with an interest in the sector.
Find out for yourself at one of our events!