Focus on Management 2018 is now open – APPLY NOW!
By UCL Careers, on 13 April 2018
Taking place on Tuesday 5th & Wednesday 6th June, this year’s Focus on Management course is now accepting applications.
If you want to…
- Tackle a variety of real-life business challenges through case studies
- Gain commercial awareness from some of the top graduate employers
- Network with various graduate employers and managers from their departments
- Begin the transition from university student to working professional
… then Focus on Management 2018 is the course for you!
Focus on Management is a two-day course packed full of activities, which will give you an interactive and rewarding immersion into the world of business. Your team-working, problem-solving and presentation skills will be put to the test. You will work in teams, facilitated by a team manager, on business case studies from graduate employers.
You will have the opportunity to meet and learn from different companies, including Amazon, the Civil Service and GSK. More organisations to be announced soon. Previous years have included PwC, P&G, Capco, Wellcome Trust, ICAEW and WaterAid.
See what students said about the course on YouTube
Go to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/careers/focus for more details and application instructions
If you are interested in this course, you may also be interested in graduate opportunities available from our sponsor Amazon. In particular, their Leadership Development Programme is suitable for aspiring managers. Once you complete Pathways, all kinds of opportunities open up for you across the full Amazon ecosystem, including Retail, Kindle, AWS (web services), and more.
Previous Pathway graduates are now:
- Directors of Fulfillment Centers
- Speciality businesses, such as Prime Now
- Customer Service Directors
- Senior Managers of Transportation Optimisation
- General Managers
But of course, as a global ever-evolving company they have numerous opportunities throughout Europe across their operations, corporate to technology business areas. See below chart for both graduate programmes and internships available in Europe.