The 2017 Global Citizenship Employability Programme is fast approaching!
By UCL Careers, on 23 May 2017
The 2017 Global Citizenship Employability Programme is fast approaching, and we are really looking forward to welcoming students from across UCL to the two week programme!
Here are 3 main things we hope you will gain from the programme, and 3 things you could do before you start on the 30th May.
Three things you will gain from the programme:
- Have the opportunity to gain an in depth look at your own values and, strengths and start making plans for the future, supported every step of the way by the team at UCL Careers. It can be human nature to put off making decisions when don’t know where to start: this programme will give you a framework to explore your thoughts on employability.
- Practice with real life employers, before the “real” thing. Applications, Assessments and Interviews can be scary things however prepared you are. The Employability programme enables you to practice in a safe environment, gaining useful feedback that you can build on.
- Develop your ideas on Global Citizenship: what does it mean to you and how might this impact your future career decisions.
Three things to do before you start. If you have time, the following areas would be useful before you come on the 30th May:
- Check out our Employability Moodle, which is full with loads of information to get you thinking about Global Citizenship.
- Start thinking about what you would like to get out of the programme.
- Make sure you have paid your deposit! As places are confirmed on a first come first served basis, you will only be able to attend the programme if you do this before the places run out. You will receive your deposit back if you attend at least 70% of the programme.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please do contact UCL Careers email@example.com or drop into our offices on the 4th floor of the Student Central building!