The Global Citizenship Employability Programme is open for bookings!
By Manpreet Dhesi, on 23 February 2015
On Friday 20th February UCL’s Global Citizenship Programme launched, and undergraduates across UCL will be able to register to take part in one of the different programmes taking place from 1-12 June.
What is Global Citizenship?
Global Citizenship is UCL’s initiative to build students who can:
- look beyond their individual and local interests and see the complexity of an interconnected world
- understand the nature of the challenges that face that world
- are aware of their social, ethical and political responsibilities
- are ready to display leadership and work together to change the world for the better
- are able to solve problems through innovation and entrepreneurship
- prosper in a global jobs market that values the skills UCL provides
It’s made up of 7 different strands to choose from: 4 targeted at first years and 3 more open to 2nd years, penultimates and finalists. The Global Citizenship Employability Programme (GCE), run by UCL Careers, is one of these latter strands – so if you are thinking about what your future may hold beyond UCL, read on!
What will you gain on the GCE programme?
UCL Careers Global Citizenship Employability Programme is an exciting and very hands-on 2 weeks. This programme is ideal for students who are interested in having a fulfilling and rewarding career, and who want to prosper in a global jobs market. In many ways the GCE programme is an ‘employability crash course’.
During the programme, you will take part in interactive workshops helping you to build an effective CV, perform well at interviews and assessment centres, build your network, search successfully for jobs and understand the graduate labour market. Importantly, the programme begins with a full-day dedicated to helping you discover, and articulate, your strengths, which you can then use to help develop your career.
What else does it involve?
Programme highlights include:
- fast-paced speed interviews with a range of employers, arming you with tips from professionals across different industries
- priority access to more employers at our Jobs Market, most of whom will have live vacancies they want filled!
- Employer 1:1 coaching on your CV
- Support to develop a personal action plan that you can take with you, helping you identify key steps you need to take to enter and prosper in a global job market.
What did people say last year?
Don’t just take our word for it – check out our video and hear from attendees at last year’s programme and come along to our information session held Friday 27th February in Archaeology LT G06 at 1pm for more information, and to hear some case studies of students who succeeded from last year’s programme. And most of all, be sure to register and come to UCL Careers to pay your £20 deposit to secure your place!