The Education Sector’s Many Possibilities: Employer Forum for PhDs and Researchers
By UCL Careers, on 19 May 2014
The aim of this event is to help PhD and other research students with their career planning by providing an opportunity to question, to hear from and network with employers that come from a variety of roles within the Education sector, who are PhD holders themselves.
When: Thursday 29th May 5:30 – 7:30pm
Where: JZ Young Lecture Theatre
The panel of speakers will give tips on how research students can use their qualifications and experiences to enter this field as well as information about their sector.
Panel of speakers will be:
- Steve Cross – Head of Public Engagement, Public Engagement Unit, UCL
- Satnam Sagoo – Head of Education and Training Unit, Public Health England
- Marek Kukula – Public Astronomer, Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Vicki Symington – Education Coordinator for South East England, Royal Society of Chemistry
- Chris Wilson – Regional Director for London and the South East, The Brilliant Club
- Hilary Leevers – Head of Education and Learning, Wellcome Trust
To find out more and to read the speakers’ biographies please go to: http://courses.grad.ucl.ac.uk/course-details.pht?course_ID=2462
PhD students can book a place via the following link :
Research Staff can book a place via the following link : https://www.ucl.ac.uk/careers/events/signupform/