UCL Careers

Find Your Future

Clemence Brunet, Assistant Brand Manager, Unilever : UCL Alumni Profile

By UCL Careers, on 24 April 2014

“I studied Mandarin at Tsinghua University in Beijing during my gap year before moving to London to complete my Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Economics and Finance at University College London from 2009 to 2012. Having undertaken various marketing internships and having studied a bit of Marketing in my last year at UCL, I secured a place on the Unilever Future Leaders Programme with a focus in Marketing.

Since joining Unilever in September 2012 I have spent 12 months as the Homecare Assistant Brand Manager in a local marketing role, constantly deepening my knowledge of Unilever brands and the people who use them, and using this level of insight to help develop products’ personalities and bring them to life in the eyes of consumers. I have worked on the launch of new products, looked at sponsorship opportunities for some Homecare brands and planned digital  and TV campaigns to raise awareness and engage with consumers.

In October 2013, I moved to a global marketing role in Oral Care. This role is all about strategy, deciding where we want to bring the brand in 5 to 10 years and how we will do that. I work on innovations and advertising development at a Global level (working with France, China and Brazil). These roles have provided me with the opportunity to work with iconic brands, develop my leadership skills on a day to day basis, being responsible for key projects, and also experience working closely with colleagues in a number of business areas – from the Supply Chain to Sales and Research  & Development.”

Unilever are taking part in UCL Careers’ Employability Summer School – a 2 week programme running between 2nd – 13th June. Who is Unilever? We make some of the world’s most loved brands: Dove, Lynx, PG Tips, Sure, Magnum, Persil and Hellmann’s, to name a few. 173,000 employees around the world work to bring them to life. They’re sold in 190 countries, and are used by two billion people daily. We have an impact on lives in so many different ways, from providing food and refreshment to cleaning clothes and washing hair.