At Transcribe Bentham, we give regular presentations to both scholarly and public audiences to spread knowledge about Bentham’s philosophy, encourage new volunteers to take part and share our experience of managing a long-standing crowdsourcing project. Contact us to find out more.
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with our latest events.
There are no upcoming presentations at this time.
- Seaward, Louise, Presentation at Women’s Institute, Abbey Wood branch, 8 April 2019.
- Seaward, Louise, ‘The READ project: opening up access to handwritten historical documents’, ICARUS Convention #23, Pula, 27-29 March 2019.
- Seaward, Louise, ‘Case study – Transcribe Bentham’, Living Knowledge Network: Crowdsourcing Skill Sharing Day, The British Library, 7 March 2019.
- Hacking the Past: An Archives Game Jam, organised in collaboration with The National Archives, UCL, 23-24 February 2019
- Seaward, Louise, ‘What next after digitisation? Handwritten Text Recognition of historical documents with Transkribus’, History Day 2018, Institute of Historical Research, London, United Kingdom, 27 November 2018.
- Seaward, Louise, ‘Artificial Intelligence in Archives: Handwritten Text Recognition with Transkribus’, Digital Humanities seminar series, University of Exeter, 21 November 2018.
- Seaward, Louise, ‘Keyword Spotting in Practice: Maximising the Utility of Jeremy Bentham’s manuscripts’, Transkribus User Conference 2018, 8-9 November 2018.
- ‘Transkribus: Revolutionising access to historical documents’, University of Zagreb, 18 October 2018.
- Schofield, Philip, ‘From Typewriters to Neural Networks: The Bentham Project and Digital Technology’, Bibliotheca Baltica conference, University of Rostock, 5 October 2018.
- Seaward, Louise, ‘Transcribe Bentham: transcribing with computers and the crowd’, Patrimoine numérique accès, mise en réseau et présentation, Zurich and Brugg, Switzerland, 27-28 September 2018.
- Seaward, Louise, ‘Revolutionising access to archival material: Automated Text Recognition in Transkribus’, Archives and AI, The National Archives, United Kingdom, 4 September 2018.
- Seaward, Louise, talk at ‘Representation of the people in science: Women in civic and citizen science’, University College London, 19 March 2018. All welcome, registration required.
- Seaward, Louise, ‘Transkribus: Automated Text Recognition for Handwritten Historical Documents.’, Institute for Historical Research, London, 21 March 2018. Registration required.
- Seaward, Louise, talk at Historical Association, Hertfordshire branch, 10 March 2018
- Seaward, Louise, talk at Historical Association, North London branch, 9 January 2018
For a full list of all our previous presentations, see our Events archive.