The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP)
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) will take applications from February 22 to April 12, 2018. The program is open to women and men from developing countries with professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in one of JJWBGSP preferred master programs by the Application Deadline date;
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultants) or relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group.
Recipients will receive a scholarship in development studies to one of the program’s preferred Masters programs (see the complete list at www.worldbank.org/scholarships). Scholarship includes tuition, basic medical insurance provided by the university, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, and travel allowance.
Completed applications, including the application form and two professional references, must be submitted online by the Application Deadline date of 12:00pm EST April 12, 2018.
For more information, application guidelines, online application, and a complete list of selection criteria are available on the World Bank Scholarships Program website: www.worldbank.org/scholarships.