Four calling birds: and their song in musical notation (‘to to toto to to!’), from Athanasius Kircher’s Musurgia universalis (1650). The parrot, imitating human speech, is saying hello in Greek instead . . .
Search the blog
- Word as Art: Beauty in the Margins October 27, 2021
- The Royal Bounty Archive September 3, 2021
- First Impressions: Pre-1750 women writers represented in UCL’s special collections August 31, 2021
- Women in the Italian Book Trade: forgotten owners and producers of Italian books August 23, 2021
- Exploring Women Owners of UCL’s pre-1750 Rare Books August 16, 2021
- Cataloguing the records of Britain’s longest-running birth cohort study July 30, 2021
- Announcing the winners of the 2021 Anthony Davis Book Collecting Prize June 28, 2021
- ‘Well really, have we come to that?’: Excerpts from UCL’s LGBT History June 15, 2021
12 days of christmas advent definitions anthony davis book collecting prize archives art bibliography book collecting book collectors book history cataloguing christmas collections conservation dante dante collection digitisation east london education exhibitions history history of education institute of education ioe ioe archives liberating the collections liberating the curriculum little magazines main library exhibition manuscript fragments manuscripts outreach rare books records research schools slade school small press collections special collections ucl ucl history ucl institute of education ucl special collections volunteers volunteers' week warburg institute
Subscribe by Email
Completely spam free, opt out any time.
Please, insert a valid email.
Thank you, your email will be added to the mailing list once you click on the link in the confirmation email.