Editing interface upgrade
By Hazel M Ingrey, on 8 July 2020
ReadingLists@UCL has had access to a new editing interface for more than a year and many new list editors are already using it. July 16th will see the final change to the new editing interface when the rest of UCL switches over. This will only be noticable to people with editing access to a reading list.
If you are currently using the ‘Classic’ editing view which looks like this (click on thumbnail to enlarge), then on July 16th the view will change.
The new look is … well, a good deal like the usual view! Once logged
in though, moving editing buttons (‘Add resource / Add paragraph / Add section’) become available as you move around the screen. To the far right of the resource the ellipsis or three dots indicate a drop down menu of more options.
The main change is that you stay in the usual list view to edit, much like editing a Moodle page.
- For a demonstration, our two short ‘Getting started…’ videos (under ‘Quick guides’) show how to edit a reading list using the new view.
- You may also find interesting A short ‘overview’ article by the software creator, Talis, on the new list view. This is not specific to UCL and uses different branding.
Please get in touch with us for help, including the following:
- a 1:1 guided Teams session on how to edit and manage your reading list
- to request editing access to a reading list, or for a new list to be set up
- library assistance with populating your reading list