Annual reading list rollover
By Hazel M Ingrey, on 11 July 2017
In TLS we are preparing for the annual ‘rollover’ of ReadingLists@UCL.
This is the final task of the academic year for us: the CLA report of UCL’s digitised readings was sent in June, the majority of teaching has finished, and the exam period too has ended.
Each summer the reading lists have a new copy made for the September term, much like the Moodle snapshot. This year the rollover is scheduled for Tuesday 18th July 2017. In brief:
- Reading lists for 2016-17 will have an exact copy made for 2017-18, which will publish immediately
- Students and staff will have continuous access to their reading lists
- Editing rights remain constant, so academics and teaching support staff are able to edit the new lists straight away
- The old version of the reading list (2016-17) will archive, which means it will disappear from public view but can be found and re-used in future years if needed
- Existing 2017-18 lists will be totally unaffected.
- Unpublished changes will not be copied onto the new list: please publish your lists before 18th July if you wish the changes to be carried forward.
- If you would like reading lists removed – for example if a course is no longer being taught – please email us any time
- Similarly, if any courses have updated titles or course codes, email us to request the details are updated.
Do you need a refresher on how to edit and manage your lists? Drop in to our office in Senate House on Wednesday afternoons, 2.30 – 4.30pm for a quick session. The ReadingLists@UCL webpages also have guides, FAQs and contact details.