X Close

Research Data Management Blog


FAQs on UCL's Research Data Management


What is a Data Access Statement and do I need one in my publication?

ucylmfe22 September 2015

Some research funders such as the EPSRC require you to include Data Access Statements in your pending publications. The RCUK Policy on Open Access also states that

“All papers must include details of the funding that supported the research and, if applicable, a statement on how the underlying research materials – such as data, samples or models – can be accessed.”