Stats for your blog
If you’d like to view statistics in your blog, you can use Google Analytics.
To do this, create a new Google Analytics account at
… and follow their instructions.
Once you’ve got the account:
- Log in to your WordPress admin interface, and click ‘Plugins’ on the left hand menu, then ‘Installed’.
- In the list of plugins available, you should see one labelled ‘Google Analyticator’.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ link.
- You’ll now see a ‘Settings’ link appear here – click on it to view the various settings for this plugin.
- Change the settings to be the following:
- ‘Google Analytics logging is:’ – Enabled
- ‘Google Analytics UID:’ – UA-16976560-1
- ‘Additional tracking code (before tracker initialization):’ – insert the following code, and insert your tracker code provided by Google Analytics (which will look like UA-1234567-1′) where prompted:
_gaq.push([‘t2._setAccount’, ‘YOUR TRACKER CODE’]);_gaq.push([‘t2._trackPageview’]);
… and you can leave all the other settings as they are.
Important: After you’ve set this up, wait a day, and then check your Google Analytics account to see if it’s tracking page usage correctly.