What’s New in Co-production? September 2019
This blog shares ways you can get involved with the UCL Centre for Co-production in Health Research, and a range of other resources and co-production events.
One of the best parts of each day at the UCL Centre for Co-production is learning more about co-production from the resources so many of you share! Each month, you can now look forward to a blog like this where we’ll pass on ways to get involved in and learn about co-production and related topics.
Get involved in the UCL Centre for Co-production in Health Research:
Email Susan email@example.com if you’re curious about any of these opportunities.
- Come explore how to evaluate the Centre work and determine what success looks like on Thursday 26 September 13:30-16:30 (King’s Cross area). More on what to expect can be found in our blog about what a co-creation session is like!
- On Thursday 31 October 13:30-1630, come help us work on our learning and development support for co-producers (West London location TBC)
- Soon, we’ll be recruiting for members to join our Centre development advisory group also known as the Allies Group to advise on Centre development more consistently. Watch out for more about this in a few weeks!
- Let us know if you’d like to collaborate on a blog! You could share a bit about yourself, share learnings from co-production projects, or let us know if you have any other ideas.
- Send us resources to feature here next month, or tag us on Twitter @UCLCoPro
Check out these events:
We’re looking forward to the Young London Peer Research Network event in London on 24 September
There will be a workshop on co-production within the National Care Forum Managers Conference 4-5 November
If you’re a social enterprise, consider applying for the Hatch Impact peer accelerator program starting next month
Help co-create a framework reporting on projects by attending this Standardised Data on Initiatives – STARDIT event
Is There A Doctor In The House? – feel free to sign up for this co-produced performance and theatre workshop, free and open to all on 23 October
Learning about co-production and more:
Blogs / updates
BAME Voices in maternity project – hear more from Emily about the work (this is one of the Centre Phase 2 Pilot Projects)
Imperial College London – share some reflections and examples from their work on co-production in research
Co-production Network for Wales – Noreen compares traditional and co-production approaches to public service development
Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists – have shared info about maternity experience and co-production
We Co-produce – have The Art of Coproduction – A Guerrilla Guide available
Creative Reaction Lab – have produced an Equity-Centered Community Design Field Guide
Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) – has a short n’ sweet podcast episode on creating the right conditions for co-production, and have shared more about personalising care through their blog and the Making it Real framework
Of course, you can also check out the rest of our blogs!
If you’d like to keep hearing about what we’re up to and what we’re learning at the UCL Centre for Co-production in Health Research, sign up for our newsletter, email Susan firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @UCL_CoPro.
If you would prefer to look at this offline, here is a downloadable version of the blogs in our September 2019 update.