Office for Open Science & Scholarship Newsletter – Issue 8
By Harry, on 19 April 2023
Welcome to the eight issue of the Open Science and Scholarship Newsletter!
This termly newsletter has updates across the 8 Pillars of Open Science and contributions from colleagues across the university. If you would like to get involved, give feedback or write something for a future issue, please get in touch using the details at the end of the newsletter.
In this issue:
- Short update from the Head of the Office for Open Science & Scholarship
- Community voice – Supporting interdisciplinary learning through community-based learning and teaching – the value of open science at UCL East
- Special Feature – UCL Press reaches 7 million downloads!
- Deep Dive – Highlights from the Blog
- News and Events
- We have a Training & Support Resources for Researchers new page!
- Indicators of Open Research – UKRN Call for priorities open until the end of April.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Liberating our Library Collections. Visit the new exhibition in UCL Main Library.
- Contact and community call for content
Go to the newsletter on Sway, or view it below. If you use the version below, we recommend clicking the ‘full screen’ button to get the full experience!
When viewing a Sway, you can turn on Accessibility view. This view displays a high-contrast style for easier reading, disables any animations, and supports keyboard navigation for use with screen readers.
To turn on Accessibility view:
- If you’re using a mouse or touchscreen, on the More options menu (shown as three dots on the Sway toolbar), choose Accessibility view.
- If you’re using a screen reader, on the More options menu, when Accessibility view is selected, you hear “Displays this Sway in a high contrast design with full keyboard functionality and screen reader access to all content.”