Emerging Subjects Blog

Emerging Subjects of the New Economy: Tracing Economic Growth in Mongolia

Publication of Series on ‘Temporary Possession’

By ucsawat, on 11 April 2019

More exciting news from members of the Emerging Subjects team!

In combination with a workshop at UCL in July 2018, Professor Rebecca Empson and Dr Lauren Bonilla recently edited and published an open-access Theorizing the Contemporary series for Cultural Anthropology on the concept of ‘Temporary Possession’. The July workshop examined the Roman property concept of usufruct—i.e. the legal category of having temporary use access to something without outright ownership—and its (re)emergent significance within contemporary economies. Combining diverse, thought-provoking contributions from the participants in this workshop—on e.g. the sharing economy (e.g. Uber and AirBnB), online data, gleaning (the historical practice of gathering ‘rests’ from harvested fields), cryptocurrency, privatised water infrastructure, urban space and more—this series proposes that modes of contingent or temporary possession are increasing in significance and usage within a global economy marked by debt, intangible property, digital currencies and financialisation.

Online, and freely accessible, here.

Image by Rebecca Empson

15 Responses to “Publication of Series on ‘Temporary Possession’”

• 1
    Linda Mark wrote on 15 May 2020:

HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

They offer all kind of categories of loan they

Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan…………., Business loan…….. Debt loan…….
    Student loan………., Business startup loan
    Business loan……., Company loan………….. etc
    Email……….( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck…………………..

• 2
    Bogdan Vladislav wrote on 17 August 2020:

HAVE YOU BEEN IN SEARCH FOR GENUINE HACKER’S ONLINE?. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO BINARY SCAMMERS OR ANY ONLINE SCAM WHATSOEVER?. WELL, YOU HAVE FOUND REDEMPTION IN ASORE CORP.

Asore Corp is a Russian based group of multinational Hacker’s, an affiliate of Evil Corp. We have mutual interests obliged to fight online scam and scammers in general. In doing this, we make sure by all means necessary that our clients get the best of services on aPAYMENT AFTER JOB IS DONE BASIS✔️. Rather than send money and trust a criminal to fulfill your deal, you can make sure the job is done before it’s paid for. You’ll get excellent customer service.
    That’s a 100% guarantee.

⚠️ BEWARE OF FRAUDSTARS
    if you have been a VICTIM, contact :
    ✅ mercurycrimewatch (@) gmail (.) com for directives.
    Here, it’s always a win for you.

Having been on various headlines since 2004 hitherto, Asore Corp hosted a conference in August 2006 tagged “The Hacker’s profile”, which was anchored by Morgan Marquis Boire a then Hacker at Microsoft. Also, Asore Corp have acquired a hall of fame well deserved for solving tedious puzzles shocking the internet countless times. We possess highly qualified hackers recruited and registered under the right agencies. 
    Without any reasonable doubts, it is no news that Asore Corp offer one of the best Hacking services world wide. 
    Amongst others, services we offer are listed as follows :
    Social media hack, (Facebook, Instagram, snapchat,Zoom, Tik tok etc)✔️
    Recovery of loan scam.✔️
    Database hack,✔️
    Money transfer,✔️
    Verified Paypal Accounts hack,✔️
    E mail hack,✔️
    College score upgrade ,✔️
    Android & iPhone Hack✔️
    BinaryOption funds recovery ✔️
    Website design ✔️
    Website hack✔️
    etc.

CONTACT:
    asorehackcorp (at) gmail (.) com

Asore Corp®️
    ©️2020
    Terms and conditions apply.

• 3
    Theo Wagner wrote on 3 September 2020:

Hello
    We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2000 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
    $1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
    $5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
    email: carlose78910@gmail.com

• 4
    Caroline Taylor wrote on 26 June 2021:

Not only cryptocurrency, online data, gleaning, sharing economy, but many industries are affected with the publication of the series “Temporary possession”. Being a director-general of product consumption society, I came to know that many products including the N2B parka jackets, have seen experiencing an unexpected change in their consumption rate. I don’t really know about Anthropology, but couldn’t deny the fact that it does have a horrible impact man!

• 5
    peter John wrote on 9 July 2021:

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information… Oven Repair Prosper

• 6
    Edward Dillinger wrote on 3 August 2021:

I want to testify about TD Ameritrade who helped me invest my bitcoin and made me who I am today, I never believe in investing in bitcoin until I met TD Ameritrade. I saw so many testimonies about him helping people to invest their bitcoin. I decide to contact him and invested $500 and, after 72 hours, I get my $ 5,000 profit in my bitcoin wallet. Since I invested with them and I always receive my profit without delay, so if you want to invest your bitcoin, TD Ameritrade is the best deal with which you can invest and make profit is a guarantee. So, if you want to invest, just contact him and he will guide you on how to start your investment. Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

• 7
    patiala m legitimate wrote on 9 August 2021:

Do you need a fast loan to solve your financial needs, we offer loan ranging from €3,000.00 to €100,000,000.00 Max, we are reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic, with 100% guaranteed We also give Loans in (Euros, Pounds and Dollars).) The interest rate that applies to all loans is (2%) contact us on For immediate response to your application, Kindly reply to us at (Whats App) number:+919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery.

• 8
    Edward Dillinger wrote on 24 August 2021:

Join our profitable company without stressing about your work, is a simple trading system just to get your plan of your choice and make a lowest of $2000 with just a little amount of investment, you can make upto $40,000 to $200,000 within a month depending on your plan of investment you can contact supporter ASAP through whatsapp:+447883246472
    Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

• 9
    Debi Mitchell wrote on 4 September 2021:

My name is Debi Mitchell! I’m here to testify about Mr Larry Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines all over the world. I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 24,000 dollars. You can withdrawal up to $1,200 per day. You can also use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal account. The card is already been hack, loaded and programmed with fund. If you want to get one for yourself, contact him via his email: (Larrypatrick_k@aol.com) Do not miss this great opportunity

• 10
    patiala m legitimate wrote on 23 September 2021:

Do you need a quick loan?
    Have you been denied a bank loan?
    Do you need a loan during this pandemic?
    interest rate of 2% no matter your location
    Do you need a loan to solve your financial problems?
    If so, then you are in luck because my company lends for a short time and the interest rate is low. If you are interested, Kindly reply to us at (Whats App) number:+919394133968
    patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery.

• 11
    Paul wrote on 15 October 2021:

Imagine waiting in a queue at the checkout, being crucially late for a meeting. How much time can be spent while the cashier asks every customer if they have a credit card. mobile wallet apps

• 12
    Paul wrote on 15 October 2021:

Objectual systems limited endeavor to offer cutting edge IT solutions to help companies nurture. Objectual Pakistan

• 13
    Paul wrote on 15 October 2021:

SecurityX is a trusted and reputed Cyber Security Company
    across Toronto, Canada that allows you to minimize threats to
    your business with advanced cyber security services.

• 14
    Paul wrote on 15 October 2021:

Ecommerce is one of the leading fields in this current moment. Numerous businesses are shifting from physical business to the online side like shoplift ninja development. ecommerce trends

• 15
    Paul wrote on 15 October 2021:

Are you sure that you manage your time well? If you’re like many people, your answer may not be completely positive! Because you are sure about the actions in a day. time tracking app