Emerging Subjects Blog

Emerging Subjects of the New Economy: Tracing Economic Growth in Mongolia

Publication of Series on ‘Temporary Possession’

By ucsawat, on 11 April 2019

More exciting news from members of the Emerging Subjects team!

In combination with a workshop at UCL in July 2018, Professor Rebecca Empson and Dr Lauren Bonilla recently edited and published an open-access Theorizing the Contemporary series for Cultural Anthropology on the concept of ‘Temporary Possession’. The July workshop examined the Roman property concept of usufruct—i.e. the legal category of having temporary use access to something without outright ownership—and its (re)emergent significance within contemporary economies. Combining diverse, thought-provoking contributions from the participants in this workshop—on e.g. the sharing economy (e.g. Uber and AirBnB), online data, gleaning (the historical practice of gathering ‘rests’ from harvested fields), cryptocurrency, privatised water infrastructure, urban space and more—this series proposes that modes of contingent or temporary possession are increasing in significance and usage within a global economy marked by debt, intangible property, digital currencies and financialisation.

Online, and freely accessible, here.

Image by Rebecca Empson

18 Responses to “Publication of Series on ‘Temporary Possession’”

amania wrote on 12 May 2022:

Thanks for sharing and guding us. we seriale latimp team sharing their viewers latest https://release1.net/seriale-latimp

Shaad Amin wrote on 13 May 2022:

Your have explained each and and every point very precisely on The Important Factors To Consider While Availing ATA Translation Service. Keep posting such informative blogs!! https://wikifeet.mobi/​ ​Here we provide some collections of Celebrity Feet pictures. Our main goal is to keep publishing celebrity feet fetish posts. You can easily find & know any celebrity feet information from wikifeet.

movies wrote on 21 May 2022:

nice workings i like that..
    d8movies

Marie Jon wrote on 21 May 2022:

I am visiting http://www.bestcustomessay.org for help in my essay.

Hamza rana wrote on 21 May 2022:

Nice article please visit for latest mods and apps.

moviesda wrote on 25 May 2022:

hi,good work i like to read it carry on buddy…
    mymoviesda

Brookly Fab wrote on 25 May 2022:

i am super excited this very moment indeed Dr Dominion is truly a good man, i doubted him from the beginning but right now i can trust him with my all because he has put a beautiful smile on my face and change my life from struggle to millionaire, what would i have done without him, just few months ago i was struggling wondering what would my life turn into, now i am here sharing a wonderful testimony of my life, after i explained my whole situation to him he took me as his own daughter and removed my family from shame, he prepared a lottery winning spell for me with true sincerity and gave me a winning number to play and that was how i won that jackpot, Dr Dominion took away my shame, my pain and my worries, what a humble man with a heart of gold, thank you so much i am very grateful for what you have done for me, should you have any interest in giving it a try or going through any difficulties i think he is the right man to talk to and i believe he can help you as well.

WhatsApp: +16574277820
    Call: +12059642462

billyoberts wrote on 2 June 2022:

Thanks for sharing. Professor Rebecca Empson and Dr Lauren Bonilla are awesome writers! I am happy to visit your blog.

skymovie wrote on 11 June 2022:

amazing ,i like to read that keep it up…for more info visit

tamil yogi wrote on 17 June 2022:

wonderful work i appreciate your nice article…

sportstototvcom wrote on 27 June 2022:

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, 스포츠중계
    someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

betmantotopro wrote on 27 June 2022:

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks. 배트맨토토

toto365pro wrote on 27 June 2022:

토토 When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

Leah Gerics wrote on 27 June 2022:

It’s a privilege to share this to the world. You deserve all the praise that comes to you. DR Amber has been a blessing to me since our encounter on the internet. He alone knows it all. I love him so much for his kindness, care, honesty and his help in the life of everyone that has come in contact with him. If not for DR Amber how would I have been able to survive this hardship. His spell made me a LOTTO MAX winner of 60 Million Dollars making my whole life beautiful and amazing. The numbers he gave me to play the lottery was a life changing number from grass to grace and I want to say I’m forever grateful to him. Thank you sir for being a blessing to the helpless. Anyone reading this that needs help can communicate with DR Amber online for indeed he has no match. Website: amberlottotemple.com OR Email: amberlottotemple@yahoo.com

isaimini wrote on 28 June 2022:

it`s really nice and great post i like hat..

Uk49s wrote on 28 June 2022:

Check Uk49s Today Lunchtime Results Which were announced Recently. check 49s Lunchtime Results 2022 for South Africa and the United Kingdom.