Emerging Subjects Blog

Emerging Subjects of the New Economy: Tracing Economic Growth in Mongolia

Publication of Series on ‘Temporary Possession’

By ucsawat, on 11 April 2019

More exciting news from members of the Emerging Subjects team!

In combination with a workshop at UCL in July 2018, Professor Rebecca Empson and Dr Lauren Bonilla recently edited and published an open-access Theorizing the Contemporary series for Cultural Anthropology on the concept of ‘Temporary Possession’. The July workshop examined the Roman property concept of usufruct—i.e. the legal category of having temporary use access to something without outright ownership—and its (re)emergent significance within contemporary economies. Combining diverse, thought-provoking contributions from the participants in this workshop—on e.g. the sharing economy (e.g. Uber and AirBnB), online data, gleaning (the historical practice of gathering ‘rests’ from harvested fields), cryptocurrency, privatised water infrastructure, urban space and more—this series proposes that modes of contingent or temporary possession are increasing in significance and usage within a global economy marked by debt, intangible property, digital currencies and financialisation.

Online, and freely accessible, here.

Image by Rebecca Empson

One Response to “Publication of Series on ‘Temporary Possession’”

• 1
    Linda Mark wrote on 15 May 2020:

HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

They offer all kind of categories of loan they

Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan…………., Business loan…….. Debt loan…….
    Student loan………., Business startup loan
    Business loan……., Company loan………….. etc
    Email……….( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck…………………..