Practical Online Teaching Tips
By Tim Neumann, on 3 April 2020
As everybody scrambles to get their course online, sometimes it is better to talk things through, rather than getting lost in an ever-growing forest of written documentation and guides.
Our series of Practical Online Teaching Tips aim to provide examples derived from practice. These are recordings of drop-in webinars at UCL, which are made available online.
Episode guide (new recording made available every 1-2 days):
- Keep it simple: Tips for online session patterns.
- Keep it clean: Tips for your Moodle course structure.
- Keep it accessible: Hacks to improve inclusion.
with Dr Jennifer Rode (UCL Knowledge Lab).
- Keep it manageable: Running online discussions.
- Keep it fun: Social aspects in Moodle and Collaborate.
- Collaborate: Experiences from the IOE Academic Writing Centre.
with Louise Green and Katherine Koulle.
- Wellbeing: Designing wellbeing into your online course.
with Sam Ahern (UCL Digital Education).
- Forums: Designing discussion prompts.
with Dr Eileen Kennedy (UCL Knowledge Lab/RELIEF Centre).