By Catherine Sharp, on 26 February 2009
Archive for the 'New ejournals' Category
By Catherine Sharp, on 9 February 2009
UCL now has access to British Periodicals Online. This resource traces the development and growth of the periodical press in Britain from its origins in the seventeenth century through to the Victorian “age of periodicals” and beyond.
Among the contributors, editors and founders of these periodicals are a host of important figures: Walter Bagehot, Aubrey Beardsley, Annie Besant, William Cobbett, Daniel Defoe, Charles Dickens, George Eliot, Henry Fielding, Oliver Goldsmith, Jerome K. Jerome, Samuel Johnson, Tobias Smollett and many more.
All the titles in British Periodicals appear individually in UCL’s ejournals list.
By Catherine Sharp, on 4 February 2009
UCL now has access to six circulation-related journals from the American Heart Association, published by Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins:
Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology
Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics
Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging
Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions
Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes
Circulation: Heart Failure
UCL now also has access to MIDIRS Midwifery Digest.
All of these titles are accessible via the ejournals list.
By Catherine Sharp, on 9 October 2008
Particularly of interest to students and staff in the UCL Jill Dando Institute of Crime Science, we now have a subscription to Policing (Vol. 1, 2007-). This journal offers critical comment on and analysis of current policing policy and practice, comparative international policing practices, legal and political developments and academic research.
By Catherine Sharp, on 22 September 2008
By Catherine Sharp, on 16 September 2008
The first issue of the new Journal of Egyptian History (Vol. 1(1), 2008) is freely available. This is currently the only issue that has been published. Library Services has taken out a subscription to this journal, so UCL users will have access to subsequent content when it appears.
By Catherine Sharp, on 15 September 2008
UCL has a new subscription to the New York Times Historical Archive (1851-2005.) As with all electronic journals, a link to this title appears on the ejournals list. A record for the New York Times will appear in the Library catalogue shortly.
If you want to search the archive by date, remember to use the American format (e.g. 4/16/1912 for 16th April 1912, which will find reports on the sinking of the Titanic.)
By Catherine Sharp, on 4 September 2008
UCL now has access to selected journals via POIESIS: Philosophy Online (click on login, then select the red link Enter Beta Version of Poiesis.) This is a new site; if any content is missing, you will find it at the old POIESIS site.
Please note that UCL does not have access to all the titles in POIESIS. The following journals are available:
- Canadian Journal of Philosophy Vol. 29, 1999-
- Dialogue Vol. 37, 1998-
- International Philosophical Quarterly Vol. 1, 1961-
- Monist Vol. 47, 1963-
- Philosophical Review, The Vol. 104, 1995-Vol. 113, 2004 (UCL users also have access to the current content of Philosophical Review, from Vol. 109, 2000-)
- Philosophical Topics Vol. 12, 1981-
- Philosophy and Phenomenological Research
- Review of Metaphysics, The Vol. 1, 1948-
- Theoria Vol. 1, 1986-
By Catherine Sharp, on 3 September 2008
UCL students and staff now have access to the following Social & Historical Sciences ejournals:
- American Political Science Review Vol. 1, 1906- (check ejournals list for access to early volumes)
- Aries: Journal for the Study of Western Esotericism Vol. 1, 2001-
- Evidence & Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate and Practice Vol. 1, 2005-
- Journal of Global History Vol. 1, 2006-
- Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory Vol. 1, 1991-
- Perspectives on Politics Vol. 1, 2003-
- PS: Political Science & Politics Vol. 1, 1968- (check ejournals list for access to earlier volumes)