Trial access to Deutsch-jüdische Quellen aus Palästina/Israel, Encyclopedia of Jewish-Christian Relations Online, Handbuch des Antisemitismus Online, Klemperer Online and Singerman Bibliography of Antisemitic Texts in English
By Sarah Gilmore, on 30 March 2023
UCL has trial access to Deutsch-jüdische Quellen aus Palästina/Israel, Encyclopedia of Jewish-Christian Relations Online, Handbuch des Antisemitismus Online, Klemperer Online and Singerman Bibliography of Antisemitic Texts in English until 29th April 2023.
These resources can be cross searched using the Jewish Studies Portal: Jüdische Studien Portal
- Deutsch-jüdische Quellen aus Palästina/Israel: contains writings of all genres of German-Jewish immigrants that were published between 1890-2000 in Palestine and Israel. It contains approximately 1,500 entries, of which ca. 250 are linked to their full texts.
- Encyclopedia of Jewish-Christian Relations Online: covers a wide range of topics, including, but not limited to theological concepts (e.g., Christology, Excommunication) spiritual and religious practices (e.g., Prayer, Blessing), ritual (Circumcision, Baptism, Dietary Laws), geographic topics (Ashkenaz, Middle East), denominational concepts (Karaites, Reform Judaism) and political and historical issues (Zionism, Antisemitism).
- Handbuch des Antisemitismus Online: contains all of the 2,200 entries of the print version of the Handbuch des Antisemitismus (8 volumes, 2008–2015). It includes 650 biographies from late antiquity up to the present day; entries on Judaeophobia in 85 countries and regions; terms, theories and ideologies of antisemitism; events, legislative and administrative actions of discrimination and controversies; organizations, publications as well as more than 700 entries that survey cultural antisemitism in film, theater, literature, and the visual arts.
- Klemperer Online: the database makes available the complete and unabridged diaries of Victor Klemperer, which are among the most important sources of 20th-century German history. The texts feature an extensive commentary and contain over a third more material than the print edition.
- Singerman Bibliography of Antisemitic Texts in English: this bibliographic database identifies a significant variety of books, pamphlets, ephemera, and selected articles, either written in English or translated into English, from the beginning of the 19th century extending to 2022 imprints. The sources come from different countries around the world and the texts reflect a wide diversity of religious, extremist, and nationalist ideologies
Please send feedback on this resource to your subject librarian.