Trial access to Cambridge Shakespeare: The Works and Worlds of Shakespeare Online
By Sarah Gilmore, on 10 January 2023
UCL has trial access to Cambridge Shakespeare: The Works and Worlds of Shakespeare Online until 31st March 2023.
Cambridge Shakespeare hosts prize-winning content from Cambridge University Press, with integrated playtexts and notes, reference material and related multimedia resources.
The online platform includes:
- The complete bestselling New Cambridge Shakespeare series (41 volumes)
- The New Cambridge Shakespeare: The Early Quartos series (7 volumes)
- Shakespeare in Production (14 volumes)
- The award-winning The Cambridge Guide to the Worlds of Shakespeare; over 300 transhistorical, international and interdisciplinary essays on Shakespeare and contexts
- A new version of Emma Smith’s The Cambridge Shakespeare Guide, exclusive to Cambridge Shakespeare
- Multimedia resources for Shakespeare’s works, curated by the Folger Shakespeare Library
- The platform will be updated with new content as soon as it is published
- New for 2022 Shakespeare Survey – with access to all editions.
- Each volume is devoted to a theme, or play, or group of plays; each also contains a section of reviews of that year’s textual and critical studies, and of the year’s major British performances. The virtues of accessible scholarship and a keen interest in performance, from Shakespeare’s time to our own, have characterised the journal from the start.
- The books are illustrated with a variety of Shakespearean images and production photographs.
Please send feedback on this resource to your subject librarian.