UCL now has access to EIU Viewpoint
By Sarah Gilmore, on 12 July 2022
UCL staff and students now have access to the EIU Viewpoint from the Economist Intelligence Unit.
EIU Viewpoint combines the EIU’s expert political insights, policy analysis and economic outlook with forward-looking forecasts and proprietary data. The platform integrates the EIU’s forecasts for the global economy, daily insights, extensive country economic and political analysis, medium-term forecasts for 200 markets, long-term economic projections, industry analysis and data, commodity forecasts, macroeconomic datasets and proprietary ratings and rankings.
EIU Viewpoint combines a consistent global view of:
- Medium- and Long-term country forecasts: The political and economic landscape for ~200 countries
- Forecasts for the global economy: Global and regional outlook spanning politics, economics and market-moving topics
- Daily insights: Daily insights on the developments that impact the future outlook
- Political and economic analysis: Executive summaries of country forecasts with examinations of key trends in each country
- Industry analysis and data: The demand and supply outlook for 26 sectors in ~ 70 markets
- Commodity forecasts: The supply, demand and prices of 25 critical goods
- Macroeconomic indicators database: Economic data series with up to 320 variables per country on forecasts, as well as historic trends
- Proprietary ratings: Measuring the attractiveness of the business environment
- Thematic analysis: The cross-cutting issues that our experts expect to shape the global outlook
Please send feedback on this resource to your subject librarian.