Trial access to Ethnologue: Languages of the World
By Sarah Gilmore, on 26 January 2022
UCL has trial access to Ethnologue: Languages of the World until 11th March 2022.
Ethnologue: Languages of the World is a reference resource that provides information and statistics for all of the world’s known living languages.
Language descriptions in the Ethnologue are organised by world area, UN region and country. Entries include:
- The region(s) of use within the countries where the language is spoken
- Alternate names for the language
- Dialects of the language
- The three-letter code that identifies the language according to the ISO 639-3 standard
- Estimated population of speakers
- Genetic classification of the language
- Domains of language use and viability
- Language vitality rating according to EGIDS
- Identification of scripts used to write the language
- Citations of literature and other products of language development
Please send feedback on this resource to your subject librarian