Electronic Resources Blog

News and information about ejournals, databases and ebooks at UCL

Trial access to DETAIL Inspiration

By Sarah Gilmore, on 19 January 2021

UCL has trial access to until DETAIL Inspiration 28th February 2021.

DETAIL Inspiration , a database for architects and structural engineers, provides access to more than 3,600 project documentations from over 30 years of DETAIL. The database contains detailed project descriptions, drawings, pictures and information on architects and, more recently, manufacturers.

Please send feedback on this resource to your subject librarian.

10 Responses to “Trial access to DETAIL Inspiration”

• 1
    Kacper Pach wrote on 30 January 2021:

This is a very good idea to provide students with DETAIL database access. How can I access it right now when it is in a trial version?

• 2
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 2 February 2021:

Hello Kacper, many thanks for your comment. Access can granted to UCL users at this url: http://libproxy.ucl.ac.uk/login?url=https://inspiration.detail.de/ . I have informed your Subject Librarian of your interest in this resource Best wishes.

• 3
    Carlota Nunez Barranco wrote on 30 January 2021:

Could you expand the trial?

• 4
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 2 February 2021:

Hello Carlota, many thanks for your comment. I am pleased that you are finding the trial useful. I have passed your feedback to your Subject Librarian so that she is aware of your interest and so that we can investigate a subscription. Best wishes.

• 5
    Victoria Bocchiotti wrote on 30 January 2021:

The library’s access to Detail Inspiration’s website is extremely useful for students in architecture and as most of us rely on online resources due to the pandemic situation it would be really good to have access to it beyond the end of February.
    Would it be possible then to extend the trial access UCL currently has to a more a full subscription? This would definitely help a lot during our online studies !
    Thank you very much.

• 6
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 2 February 2021:

Hello Victoria, many thanks for your comment. I am pleased that you are finding the trial useful. I have passed your feedback to your Subject Librarian so that she is aware of your interest. Best wishes.

• 7
    Holly Harbour wrote on 31 January 2021:

The last university I went to had a subscription to Detail online database and it was absolutely amazing/ essential for us architecture students! I’m surprised UCL has only just got a trial!
    It will be very disappointing if the university decides not to extend the subscription.

• 8
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 2 February 2021:

Hello Holly, many thanks for your comment. I am pleased that you are finding the trial useful. I have passed your feedback to your Subject Librarian so that she is aware of your interest. Best wishes.

• 9
    Eleanor Evason wrote on 2 February 2021:

This is amazing resuource thank you for setting it up and please can we continue it!

• 10
    Sarah Gilmore wrote on 2 February 2021:

Hello Eleanor, many thanks for your comment. I am pleased that you are finding the trial useful. I have passed your feedback to your Subject Librarian so that she is aware of your interest. Best wishes.