Trial access to UN Comtrade database
By Sarah Gilmore, on 31 October 2018
On first login, users will need to enter their UCL e-mail address to be able to customize their accounts, save queries, create aggregates and utilize batch processing.
Initial login instructions:
- Go to UN Comtrade database
- Click on ‘Legacy’ then ‘Legacy Annual’
- Go to ‘Home’ then ‘ReadMe First’
- Scroll down, tick box and ‘Continue’
- Go to ‘My Account’, ‘Account Info’ and add your UCL email.
- To access the other databases (WITS and BACI), you should extract the authorization code from ‘Account Info’ (under the ‘My Account’ tab). This same authorization code/token is needed to access the API.
Please follow this link for information on how to fully use UN Comtrade: https://unstats.un.org/unsd/tradekb/Knowledgebase/Comtrade-User-Guide?Keywords=user
In addition, many answers are available here: https://comtrade.un.org/kb/search.aspx#ikb_SearchResults
Please send feedback on this resource to your subject librarian.