- Applied Linguistics Vol. 1, 1980-
- Clinical Ethics Vol. 1, 2006-
- Communication and Medicine Vol. 1, 2004-Vol. 4, 2007 (UCL users will have access to new content when it is published)
- Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy Vol. 19, 1994-
- Integrative and Comparative Biology Vol. 1, 1961-
- Journal of Smoking Cessation Vol. 1, 2006-
- Molecular and Cellular Proteomics Vol. 1, 2002-
Archive for September, 2008
UCL staff and students have now access to a number of Wiley-Blackwell backfile collections, including Genetics and Evolution. This package contains more than 92 years of digitized back-issue content across the following leading journal titles:
- American Journal of Human Biology Vol. 1, 1989-
- American Journal of Medical Genetics Vol. 1, 1977-
- American Journal of Physical Anthropology Vol. 1, 1918-
- American Journal of Primatology Vol. 1, 1981-
- Evolutionary Anthropology: Issues, News, and Reviews Vol. 1, 1992-
- Genetic Epidemiology Vol. 1, 1984-
- Human Mutation Vol. 1, 1992-
- International Journal of Osteoarchaeology Vol. 1, 1991-
- Journal of Experimental Zoology Vol. 1, 1904-
- Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews (now entitled Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews) Vol. 1, 1995-
- Teratogenesis, Carcinogenesis, and Mutagenesis (now entitled Birth Defects Research Part B) Vol. 1, 1981-
- Teratology (now entitled Birth Defects Research Part A) Vol. 1, 1968-
- Zoo Biology Vol. 1, 1982-
Additional Wiley-Blackwell backfiles:
- Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice Vol. 1, 1994-
The OvidSP multi-field search option does not work properly if you select ‘Author(s)’ and only enter the author’s surname.
To do a multi-field search for an author regardless of first names or initials, you need to enter the author’s last name followed by a space and then the truncation symbol $.
Currently, the truncation symbol * does not work when you enter it after a space, but should work in future.
Searching for the author ‘smith $’ in the multi-field search mode will retrieve any authors with surname smith, smithus, smithwick etc., regardless of first names or initials.
We are aware of the fact that many users are accustomed to surname-only searching and have passed the information to OvidSP, so this may change in future.
A number of the bibliographic databases to which Library Services subscribes have moved to a new interface, OvidSP, from 28 August. The databases involved include:
- Biotechnology Abstracts
The links in the Library’s database list have been updated.
Users are advised to update any personal bookmarks they may have for these databases, as the old access routes will be switched off on 30 September.
Saved searches will not be transferred automatically – they must be recreated on the new platform. To view your saved searches in the old interface, go to http://erl-server.ucl.ac.uk for all databases except PsycInfo, which can be found at the ARC2 service.
If you have any queries about searching the databases in their new form, please email me or ask at an Enquiry Desk.