Updates about comms from across Library Services.
We are continuing to deliver the ”locally-delivered, centrally-coordinated communications model” through our annual communications calendar and sub groups as outlined in the Library comms strategy.
Please check the Library comms calendar and get in touch if there is anything coming up in your sections over summer.
We will make a call for Term 1 2022-23 in late August.
Campaigns in Term 2
Library Services have been promoting resources to help students completing exams and final projects. We’ve highlighted the following resources on social media:
- Dissertations and Final Project Guides,
- Virtual Learning Spaces
- Exam Papers
- 24 hour opening and additional study spaces
A big thank you to everyone across Library Services who was involved in this work.
Study Tips Tuesday
During the assessments period Library Services and Student Support and Wellbeing Team have been trialling a weekly social media campaign highlighting services and resources to help students study successfully while they are at UCL. We are reviewing whether to continue into Term 1 next year.
NHS Knowledge and Awareness Week
The Campaigns Group are organising a campaign to run across all NHS site libraries and libraries who support NHS users.
If you missed it?
UCL Psychology student Kevin Halil reviewed three Library sites: the Student Centre, the Main Library and IOE Library. (Thanks to UCL’s social media team for organising this).
Coming up over summer
- LCCOS Public Launch
- Celebrating CSE Assessment success
- LCCOS Strategy
- UCL East Opens
Updates from the sub-groups
Three sub-groups help coordinate comms activities across Library Services.
Open Days Group
- Beginning work on creating a dynamic short video promoting Library Services to prospective students.
- Alongside the work outlined above, the group will begin outlining plans for the next academic year.
Social Media group
- Work continues on six projects. The group have set up a new Library TikTok account (following careful planning), started work on social media guidance for Library staff to complement existing UCL guidance and are researching effective hashtags.
At a glance updates from Term 2 (2021-22)
Most read ‘Library News’ articles
- 1-19 Torrington Place review
- Books to celebrate International Women’s Day
- Library Services during the Easter Break
- Senate House Hub – Review
- Break the Bias: International Women’s Day 2022
Library Services on Twitter
- 698 Tweets sent
- 421,621 Total impressions
- 604 Impressions per tweet
(Based on responses from 15 accounts)
Sadly the invasion of Ukraine was on everyone’s mind last term. The SSEES Library quickly created a guide of resources to help people discover and access reliable information about the ongoing crisis. This shows the importance of Libraries for members of the UCL community and beyond.
Want to learn more about the tensions between Russia & Ukraine? We have one of the best specialist academic collections on Russia, Central & Eastern Europe, providing a unique resource for students and researchers. We recommend starting with these key texts by @UCLSSEES academics pic.twitter.com/tJI9Z51ovz
— UCL SSEES Library (@UCLSSEESLibrary) February 22, 2022
If you have any questions about comms, please get in touch with Simon Bralee.