By Michelle Wake, on 27 July 2023
This month’s UCL Sustainability Awards Ceremony saw the LCCOS Green Champions excel themselves. Our teams made submissions as part of UCL’s Green Impact, a UCL wide accreditation scheme devised by the education charity Students Organising for Sustainability UK. It’s a scheme that has won awards from UNESCO and the charity have now worked with nearly 2,000 institutions.
The excellence of our LCCOS teams was recognised with 10 Golds, 4 Silvers and 4 Bronzes:
- Cruciform Hub
- Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health Library
- Institute of Archaeology Library
- Joint Library of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital & UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
- Language and Speech Science Library
- Main Library
- Royal Free Medical Library
- School of Pharmacy Library
- Science Library
- Central LCCOS Services (overarching departmental submission)
- Bartlett Library
- Bloomsbury Theatre
- Senate House Hub
- Student Centre Library Team
- Institute of Education Library
- Institute of Orthopaedics Library
- School of Slavonic and East European Studies Libraries
Our close colleagues at the Queen Square Library, UCL Institute of Neurology, also succeeded in achieving a Gold Award.
This year’s Green Impact saw an increased recognition of the links with wellbeing and our teams highlighted this with the greening of office and customer spaces using plants and promoting and organising walks, amongst other initiatives.
Many congratulations to all our teams and to all of you, who have supported their efforts.
Find out more
For more information on the LCCOS Sustainability Committee and the Green Impact Champions please visit our committee webpage on the LCCOS Intranet and do contact the Committee Chair Michelle Wake (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Departmental Environment Officer Collette Lawrence (email@example.com) if you are interested in forming a team, have suggestions or comments around sustainability.