LibNet staff news

SCONUL RETURN 19/20-It’s all in the numbers

By Sandra I Enwesi, on 19 August 2020

It is important that decisions made within the library are primarily supported by data , not only to improve productivity but to make operations more efficient.

The SCONUL (The Society of College, National and University Libraries) return is simply an annual insight , it provides a detailed picture of the workings of  UCL Library Services , allowing us to take stock, plan and benchmark our performance against our peers. In total we collect 34 measures some of which have been featured in my word cloud and are reflective of the different areas of the library.

The SCONUL RETURN 19/20 will soon be open and as I always do I will be collecting promptly, if you provided any stats in the previous return but will not be doing so this year please let me know in an email and advise who has taken over.

In the next couple of weeks I will be sending out emails requesting the stats you have collected (Aggregate figures for the academic year (1 August to 31 July) are generally required) against these set of measurements which continue to provide the information that the Library has found useful for bench marking, internal advocacy and strategic planning .

Sandra Enwesi

s.enwesi@ucl.ac.uk

(Still working remotely somewhere in north London)