eXperience eXchange 2020 – bookings now open
By Angela Young, on 21 April 2020
eXperience eXchange – what happens?
Library staff come together to share ideas and good practice about library skills training and liaison activities through short presentations or other activities. For the first time this year the eXperience eXchange will be taking place completely online, with no limit to the number of library staff who may attend.
How will it work?
As usual we invite colleagues from across Library Services to give short presentations (5-7 mins) to exchange their experiences, ideas or feedback from events relating to library skills training and liaison activities. The event will be delivered using Blackboard Collaborate. If you have not presented using Blackboard Collaborate before, this is the perfect opportunity to try it out with peers as your friendly and supportive audience.
If you’d rather not present, you can attend as an attendee only.
Is there a theme?
This year we invite contributions relating to any aspect of library skills training and liaison activities, but we particularly welcome contributions relating to the online or remote delivery of these services. Ideas for presentations include:
- Something new you have tried to implement, or that you would like to try out in an online environment.
- A report back from a training event or conference you have attended.
- A review of an interesting article you have read.
- How you have been working to develop your own teaching or liaison skills.
- Using new technologies in training or liaison.
How do I join the event?
Full joining instructions will be provided. You will need:
- A computer / mobile device with Internet access and sound (speakers or headphones).
- If presenting you will also need a microphone (internal laptop / mobile device microphone or headset microphones are sufficient).
How do I sign up?
Simply complete the registration form and we will send you full joining instructions.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.