Creative ideas during the lockdown
By simon.bralee.15, on 6 April 2020
It is more important than ever to take time to unwind and relax. Even if you are at home for most of the day, there are great things you can do either on your own, with your household or remotely with friends or family.
- The Institute of Making
- London Drawing
- Time Out posts ‘What to Stream Today’ on their Instagram page .
- Grayson’s Art Club Weekly show on 4 OD. First episode 8 PM on Thursday 16/04/20
- Fleabag- the original one woman play – available on Amazon Prime or via Soho Theatre website (£4).
- Sadler’s Wells Digital Stage: A programme of full length dance performances and workshops
- NT Live: Free full length plays every Thursday at 7pm, available for 7 days.
- Globe Player: Free Shakespeare plays every week.
- The Bolshoi Ballet are sharing their performances on YouTube.
- Cirque de Soleil: 60 minute perfomance every Friday.
- Free Theatre Screenings (Google List) For a full list
Museums and galleries
- 12 Museums offering virtual tours
- BBC Arts announces Culture In Quarantine programme
- Secrets of the Museum Go behind the scenes at the V&A (on BBC iPlayer).
- ICA Talks via British Library
- Tate on Youtube includes Curator Tours of the Warhol and Beardsley exhibitions, tutorials and interviews.
- Documentaries from International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam
- NASA makes their media library publicly accessible
- Netflix Party allows you to watch something online with your friends
Books and Poetry
- The Poet Laureate Has Gone to his Shed: BBC Sounds show fronted by Simon Armitage.
- Actor Samuel West is reading his favourite poems on sound cloud.
Take up ballet
- NHS Live Well
- Mr Motivator
- Joe Wicks and The Body Coach
- UCL Staff yoga – via Zoom*
- Jeff Phenix, (Pay as you can – by donation) via Zoom*
- Tai Chi for Beginners: Tai Chi Fundamentals
- Board games are a great way to connect with households
- Jigsaw planet online jigsaws
- Twitch stream your video games
- Cryptic crosswords (from the Independent)
- Chris Packham’s Self-Isolating Bird Club
- Lockdown birds list of birds you might see from your window
Share your knowledge, discover new passions
For more ideas, join colleagues in the Break Room on Microsoft Teams and have a chat, swap tips and share photos of cats.
Stay well everyone and have a good weekend.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.