eXperience eXchange 2019 – bookings now open
By Angela Young, on 19 March 2019
Bookings are now open for the 2019 UCL Library Services eXperience eXchange, which will be held on Monday 13th May 2019, 14.00-16.30 in the Library Teaching Room, Newsam Library, UCL Institute of Education. All UCL library staff are invited to attend to share ideas and best practice about liaison and library skills teaching or training activities. See the previous blog post for more information.
There are two types of booking available:
- Contributor: The event depends upon contributions so please consider making a 5-7 minute presentation or taking the PechaKucha challenge! A PechaKucha is a presentation made up of 20 slides which are shown for 20 seconds each. They are often used at conferences to keep presentations concise and fast paced, lasting exactly 6 minutes, 40 seconds. If you’ve never done one, this is the perfect opportunity to give it a go with an audience of friendly faces! Your presentation can cover anything to do with skills training or liaison activities, such as:
- Something new you have tried to implement
- A report back from a training event or conference you have attended
- A review of an interesting article you have read
- How you have been working to develop your own teaching or liaison skills
- Using new technologies in training or liaison
- Attendee only: If you’d rather not present you can book as an attendee only, but remember, the event depends on contributions so attendee-only places are limited! If you have some ideas which you’d like to share but prefer not to present, then you can contribute a poster, or email us a few sentences which can be added to the ideas pool, which we will put on display on the day.
How to make a booking:
Email Angela Young if you would like to come along, indicating the type of booking you would like to make. We look forward to seeing lots of you there.
Contributed by Angela Young
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.