UCL Library Services Staff Summer School 2018 – Bookings now open
By Angela Young, on 24 May 2018
2018 sees the launch of the UCL Library Services Staff Summer School, which replaces the Biomedical and Health Information Summer School. The Summer School is a series of training and development sessions, events and online activities aimed at library staff from across UCL Library Services, to support their ability to answer enquiries and to provide support, training and advocacy to library users and stakeholders.
The programme this year has a wide variety of sessions, pitched at a range of levels, running throughout June and July:
- 30 day ‘get searching’ challenge (11 June – 20 July): An online only challenge, with a choice of pathways to get you to improve your searching skills or understand what works in online library skills training.
- A selection of sessions from Special Collections (5 June all day and 19 June 10.00-11.30): Get to see some of our treasures and learn about the work of the Special Collections team
- Information literacy frameworks (6 June 11.00-13.00): Learn about IL frameworks and help frame how they can help inform library skills training and support at UCL
- How open notebooks can support open research (21 June 14.00-16.00): An exploration into open approaches to scholarship.
- The Audience Engagement Factor: Introduction to making online videos for library inductions and outreach (26 June 10.00-11.30): A practical session focussing on the creation of online videos using Powtoon
- Bibliometrics at UCL (3 July 15.00-16.00): An exploration into library support for bibliometrics.
- Building an Outreach Project (12 July 10.00-11.30): Learn about what is involved in delivering outreach projects for Library Services.
- Evaluating information: From fake news to academic works (16 Jluy 14.30-16.00): Learn why and how to evaluate information.
Full details of the programme are available on the Library Services Moodle Course. If you do not already have access, please email email@example.com for an enrolment key. Sessions are open to all UCL Library Services staff, with the permission of your line manager.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place or for further information. Please include your name, site/team, telephone number, email address, and the session(s) you wish to attend.
Angela Young, Head of Library Skills
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.