Aleph outages Jul/Aug 2017
By Margaret Stone, on 26 May 2017
As part of the ISD datacentre migration project, the live Aleph server will be migrated on Monday 31 July. This means that Aleph will be unavailable for two periods:
- Monday 24 July 0900-1300 for preparatory stages
- Monday 31 July 0900 – Thursday 3 Aug 0900, although the work may finish earlier.
We have allowed a large window for the migration in order to complete standard checks and ensure thorough testing of all migrated functionality, allowing for any anomalies to be addressed. The Digital Libraries Team has appreciated the work of colleagues on testing the server migrations so far, including the Aleph test server, as this work has contributed to a better understanding within the ISD project team and Ex Libris of the unique challenges of migrating these services into the new datacentre environment.
During the Aleph outage, services will be affected in the following ways.
- Offline circulation within the Aleph client will still be available for loans and returns, but no other Aleph staff functionality
- Self-service loans and returns will not be available.
- Reading list pages will not display availability of items.
- Explore will not display up to date availability information. Holdings and locations information will be available in the Details tab rather than the Locations tab. Users will not be able to sign into Explore to access their account, place requests, book rooms or renew their items online.
- Access to e-resources (ejournals/ebooks/databases/digital collections) will be retained.
If you have any queries about working around the outage periods, do raise them with the Digital Libraries Team via section heads, as this will help to co-ordinate any related work. Public information will be made available nearer the time.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.