LCCOS staff news

News for colleagues within the LCCOS department.

Transforming Our Professional Services (TOPS) update

By Benjamin Meunier, on 19 May 2017

The seventh edition of the TOPS Fortnightly Leadership Briefing is available online:

TOPS_LeadershipBriefing_Edition7_v1.0[78536]

The TOPS team will now be coming to the Library SMT meeting on 7th June to outline the work which they are undertaking and discuss how this relates to Library Services. If you have any questions for the TOPS team, please let us know and we can ask these on your behalf at the meeting.

I had a briefing meeting with our TOPS consultant earlier this week and was satisfied to hear that the anecdotal feedback TOPS have received at UCL about Library Services has been consistently positive; I believe that this reflects the commitment of staff to providing an excellent service. It is understood that current library operations, which perform very well, should not be disturbed by any new TOPS arrangements.

Library colleagues in the relevant teams will be formally invited to participate in the Finance, People/HR and Estates workstreams to consider the impact and opportunities for the improvement of services at UCL where Library Services is an internal customer.

All Library Services staff are welcome to submit ideas for improvements in the following areas:

Information and Technology Services Submit my ideas!
Planning, Policy and MI Services Submit my ideas!
Legal Services Submit my ideas!
Culture Services Submit my ideas!
Communication and Marketing Services Submit my ideas!

Some colleagues may be aware of a survey about the Library which was open on TOPS’ Vision and Design site (alongside the areas listed above). This was erroneously opened without input from Library Services and has now been de-activated. Library Services senior colleagues are in discussion with TOPS about how we might engage with a workstream focused on the research lifecycle (which starts with researchers identifying and applying for funding and concludes with communicating research outputs, including publication management).