“CGY Conversations with…” a series of interviews with youth researchers around the world
By UCL Global Youth, on 28 September 2020
COVID-19 has disrupted our usual research dissemination methods, and it has not been possible to host our usual seminars and workshops this year. But we didn’t want to miss out on hearing about all the amazing research that is taking place right now, and so we started a new initiative called “CGY Conversations with…”
As the name suggests, the “CGY Conversations with…” series involve us having conversations with youth researchers about their current research and their future research plans. The hope is that this format will be more informal than a research presentation webinar, but still informative. The interviews take place on Zoom and the recordings are posted on our Youtube channel.
Some recent highlights include:
- Dr Sarah Pickard (Sciences Po) talking about youth environmental activism.
- Professor Judith Bessant (RMIT) introducing her new book, Making-Up People: Youth, Truth & Politics
- Dr Brett Lashua (IOE) talking about music, place, race and innovative research methodologies.
- Dr Kieran Mitton (KCL) discussing youth gangs in Sierra Leone, Cape Town, Rio and London
- Dr. Crystal Abidin (Curtain University) on the emergence of internet cultures and influencers
- Dr. Sazana Jayadeva (Cambridge University) on the impact of COVID-19 on student migration aspirations.
To find out more, check out our Youtube channel.
Last updated: 19/04/2021