DIS Student Blog

Department of Information Studies

Seeking SLAIS and DIS Alumni

By Holly B Kosmin, on 12 June 2012

UCL graduation

image by mansikka

UCL DIS (Department of Information Studies) is gathering information about its alumni, including former students of SLAIS (School of Library, Archives, and Information Studies – we changed our name in January 2009).

If you’re one of our alumni then we’d like to know what you’re up to now. Please can you tell us if you’re working, volunteering, studying or doing something else? What organisation are you at? What do you do? Where in the world are you?

You can comment on this post if you like, with your name, email address and details, or if you’d prefer to send us an email please do at:  l.keshav@ucl.ac.uk.

Don’t worry, we’re not going to share this information with anyone without your permission, and if we use it to produce data on UCL DIS/SLAIS alumni it will not be linked to you as an individual. We may contact you again to ask if we can use you as a case study for our website but we will not do so unless you have expressly agreed to this.

Please help us spread the word and reach as many alumni as possible by passing this on to other alumni you’re in touch with, and sharing the link on Facebook and Twitter.

Many thanks!

5 Responses to “Seeking SLAIS and DIS Alumni”

• 1
    Neil Stewart wrote on 12 June 2012:

Hi there, I’m Neil Stewart and I studied on the PT MA Library & Information Studies course from 2004-06. I’m now working as Digital Repository Manager at City University London- see the blog linked to above for more details, should you be interested.

• 2
    Bulent Yusuf wrote on 12 June 2012:

Follow link to LinkedIn Profile

• 3
    Isabel Galina wrote on 12 June 2012:

I work as a researcher at the Institute for Bibliographic Studies (www.iib.unam.mx) at the National University of Mexico (UNAM http://www.unam.mx). Been back in Mexico for about two and a half years now. I miss London occasionally though.
    Still in touch with Melissa Terras and Claire Warwick, especially in relatin to work in Digital Humanities. And also fellow PhD students Ernesto Priego and Katherine Schoplin with Facebook and Twitter.
    My best regards to everybody at DIS!

• 4
    Jacqui Grainger wrote on 21 June 2012:

I’m the librarian at Chawton House Library and studied p/t on the MA in Library & Information Studies 2003-2005.

• 5
    Nick Coveney wrote on 24 July 2012:

I completed the UCL MA in Publishing in 2010, shortly before finishing my studies I began working for Hodder & Stoughton (which I was first introduced to via the course’s work placement scheme) as their Audio & Digital Assistant.