DIS Student Blog

Department of Information Studies

Introduction from your Subject Librarian

By Ruth M Russell, on 4 April 2012

My name is Ruth Russell and I am the subject librarian for the Department of Information Studies. I am writing this, my first blog post, to introduce myself as a new regular contributor. I’ll be including details here of new books and electronic resources, upcoming library training sessions, relevant news about the library buildings, opening hours etc. plus other information that I think may be useful to DIS students. My role as a subject librarian includes managing the library collections, providing training on information skills and liaising with departments in order to ensure that the library is meeting their needs. I hope that this blog will help me to communicate with DIS and ensure that we are doing everything we can to support teaching and research within the department.

I’ve met many of you already at library inductions but for those who don’t know me I’ve included a photograph (n.b. I am usually without sunglasses when at work) so if you see me around the library and you have any questions or suggestions please do come and say hi. I’m generally around to answer queries during office hours and can be contacted by phone (020 7679 2634) or email  or you can pop into my office on the 3rd floor of the Science Library, room 314. I’ll be back on here after Easter with some tips for dissertation preparation and lists of new resources, but in the mean time wishing you all a wonderful break.

One Response to “Introduction from your Subject Librarian”

• 1
    Anne Welsh wrote on 4 April 2012:

Hi Ruth

Welcome to the blog! Looking forward to your research tips for dissertations and case studies after Easter.

Anne